Historic FF2000 Association Forum Index Historic FF2000 Association
This is Your Forum - Have Your Say!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's Doing Thruxton Then?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Historic FF2000 Association Forum Index -> Historic FF2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanmorgan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Who's Doing Thruxton Then? Reply with quote

What it says in the title really... I've been telling the HSCC that I'm expecting a good entry but currently we've only got three - New boy Antonio Armelin (who is planning to do most of the races as far as I know) and the ever-reliable John Bowles and Jon Randall.

If anyone feels up to entering you'd be doing me a bit of a favour. The HSCC realise that HFF2K drivers tend to be masters of the late entry but a bit of evidence to back up my claim of good numbers would be appreciated. Remember that the HSCC won't take any money until after the closing date, so if you need to cancel you won't lose out.

I'm expecting an entry in the mid to high twenties - who's planning to do it?
nigel grant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Callum's doing it I've got to put the entry in, he wanted to use his FF1600 number but Jan Langdon's got it Number 43.So what numbers are free or should I sort it out with the HSCC? The Delta (now without splitter!) is out at Donnington on the 15th February with Callum at the helm so i'll have to see how it goes. I,m hoping for a good turn out this year I suppose we won't know untill a little nearer the time.Hoping to have a go myself as my licence has arrived and they don't charge anymore at Donnington just hope it stays dry and free of snow.

Last edited by nigel grant on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TomWhite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan, Crossle 33f ready and rearing for the first run out (literally, first run out in anything other than a 125cc fixed gear kart for 16 year old pilot Tom.....) hopefully at the Oulton test day on 20th Feb. If everything goes ok and nothing breaks, we'll enter Thruxton and then hope to do most of the other rounds Very Happy Sean the undervalued dad/mechanic.
alanmorgan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel - best to sort the number situation out with the HSCC. I've got a rough list but the HSCC are actually allocating the numbers. There isn't a huge amount available below 60 - didn't you used to run 60 Nige?

Tom/Sean - Great to hear that the car is ready to go. It will be great to see a 33F on the grid. I hope it all goes well at Oulton.

Last edited by alanmorgan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
nigel grant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes what a good memory you've got perhaps Callum could use 61 that would make it easy.The 1600's look ultra competitive this year and callum needed some persuading to jump ship to HFF2K but thats the way we'd planned it for this year and once we'd made a plan I think its best that we should stick to it.
alanmorgan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he'll be short of competition with us either.
nigel grant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be great I hope we can get grids like we did in 2010. I've just got the wheels back today which have been polished on the rims and painted black in the middle the result is stunning bit expensive but the end result is worth it.
scott19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whos on the ones to watch list this year then other than Callum. I'm guessing Benn Simms wont be out just yet? Not sure if Russell is racing or not? How about Nelson Rowe? I can see this being very competitive if everyone thats rumoured to be out comes out? Hope to see Ian Pearson out in the Delta as well at some point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonnyd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nigel grant wrote:
That'll be great I hope we can get grids like we did in 2010. I've just got the wheels back today which have been polished on the rims and painted black in the middle the result is stunning bit expensive but the end result is worth it.

Nigel, where did you get this done as mine could do with a refurb? Happy New Year and all the best to Callum.
pd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott19 wrote:
Whos on the ones to watch list this year then other than Callum. I'm guessing Benn Simms wont be out just yet? Not sure if Russell is racing or not? How about Nelson Rowe? I can see this being very competitive if everyone thats rumoured to be out comes out? Hope to see Ian Pearson out in the Delta as well at some point.

Mr Pearson in a Delta would definitely add an extra dimension to the fun at the front Very Happy

Talking of Deltas; did Tom Mills sell his car?
alanmorgan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

No - I heard a rumour (via the HSCC) that he might be out at some point this year.
pd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanmorgan wrote:
Quote:

No - I heard a rumour (via the HSCC) that he might be out at some point this year.

That's also great news!
jhh911

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to facebook Noel Roddy is coming out to play as well.It is going to be mega.
Paul Jenkins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Thruxton entry Reply with quote

Hi Alan,
Jan plans to do Thruxton. I have just phoned him and asked him to put the entry in ASAP. We are also planning to do the CF3 race at Donington on 17th March. Delta still in pieces after it's Thruxton shunt but hope to make some progress soon.

Regards
Paul
nigel grant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Paul but according to my information there is no CF3 race at Donnington in march.
Jonny I got the wheels stripped by Leigh Metal Polishers as they are magnesium they were done in a big vat of some kind of acid that doesn't attack the magnesium. I sent 8 ie, 2 sets and it cost £420 for the stripping and polishing. I took them to work and etch primed them and then painted the middles shiny black.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Historic FF2000 Association Forum Index -> Historic FF2000 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: